Content

Friday, January 20, 2012

My first trompe l'oeil!




This is the oil painting I did this semester. My grandparents and their marriage of almost 60 years were the inspiration for this painting. My original idea was to combine an old picture of them and a recent picture. After discussing it with my professor, we decided on adding other elements of their relationship into the painting as well. Eventually it turned out to be this! I really wanted to make something special for/about them and I am really pleased with how it turned out. This was definitely different for me because my last two oil paintings were just portraits so getting to paint objects and different textures other than skin was very exciting (the masking and clear tape are my favorite parts of this painting). I'll also be posting some closeup shots of each object soon!

Here's a little progress gif!


1 comments:

  1. O...M...G...!!!
    I can't believe this!! SO Incredible!!
    The Dog tags are not possible to be this awesome. Amazing Kristen, totally amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tum.png photo twi.png